Friday, June 18

Friday Musings

It dawned on me recently why my blogging seems to be few and far between.  I tend to save my posts for only big events, holidays or trips.  Everything about that is contrary to why I love reading other people's blogs- for fun facts, random advice and ideas that I never would have thought of on my own.  So I'm going to attempt to write more frequently posts about my own discoveries.  I hope you find them worth reading.

One of my all time favorite magazines and source of ideas is Real Simple.  They have a column dedicated to finding new uses for old things.  It is absolutely ingenius.  Here are a few of my favorites-

I despise ironing mostly because woman's dress shirts have so many angles and seems to work around. 
Real Simple solution: use your flat iron to press in between buttons and hard to reach places.

I am a minimalist when it comes to contents in my purse, however I often find myself in need of a nail clipper or file. 
Real Simple solution: an unused glasses case makes a convenient storage spot for beauty items on the go.

With the upcoming move, we will be doing some painting and let's just say I don't have the most steady hands on the block.
Real Simple solution: simply wrap doorknobs and hardware with aluminum for a clean result.
I love fresh flowers from the farmer's market, but I rarely have the perfect size vase. 
Real Simple solution: a clear hair binder helps keep your arrangement exactly how you want it despite the container.

No comments: