I don't know where time has gone, but Steve & I have been married FIVE years! Many people told us how quickly the years will pass, but I didn't give much thought to until now. On one hand, it feels like we just got married yesterday, but then I start remembering all everything that's happened in that time... trips, jobs, new houses, pets, etc. We've had quite the adventure so far!
It seems like just about every time our anniversary comes around, somehow we find ourselves already booked for the actual day whether it be work committments, reunions or being out of town. This year was no different, but we were determined to find a way to celebrate.
We headed down to Red Wing (Southeastern Minnesota) for the beautiful scenery, shops and restaurants. We stayed at a charming bed & breakfast called Round Barn Farm B&B. It is decorated with antiques from the early 1900s and was truly an escape from the busyness of life. We had a phenomenal dinner at a restaurant in the famous St. James Hotel. The only downside of our trip was the weather. It rained cats & dogs all day Thursday and Friday was frigid and windy, so most of our sightseeing was done from inside our car.

1 comment:
Congratulations!!!
The Round Barn B&B looks like loads of fun; maybe we'll have to check it out.
Post a Comment