Friday, June 26

A Feeble Attempt

I have wrestled with the idea of starting a blog for quite some time; however there are many reasons that have held me back…
1) I am pretty inept when it comes to technology. Getting this blog up and running proved to be quite the ordeal. Outside of Microsoft Excel, I am somewhat of a laggard for my generation.
2) My/our life seems rather ordinary and perhaps a bit predictable right now. Which I am actually pretty thankful for, however
3) I would need to brush up on my creative writing skills and really dig to come up with worthy topics.
4) The ‘type A’ side of me doesn’t want to start something that I can’t do 100% and/or make it worth reading. The ‘type B’ side of me knows that I will not actually follow through on blogging every day or maybe even every week. In my spare time, I rarely choose to sit on the computer- blog or not.
5) Finally, I have discovered many friends, acquaintances and some strangers who have set the bar extremely high with blogs. I know mine won’t even come close to theirs.

Despite all that, I’m going to give it a try… bear with me as I figure this out! :) Hopefully I can convince Steve to contribute a few posts from time to time.

No comments: