Steve was up bright and early to help the Schiestl's build a fence. Last summer, Brent spent many hours helping Steve with ours. He was more than happy to return the favor. Any chance he can get to be out in the yard and using power tools, he's there. I am very lucky to have a husband who loves doing house projects!
For those of you who haven't seen the finished product, here's a few photos from last summer-
Before:

After:

Notice the season change between the photos? Steve originally thought it would only take three weeks to build. Four months later, we had a beautiful fence and can finally relax in our backyard. :)
My Saturday started a bit slower... I ventured to the Saint Paul Farmer's Market around 11am. For only $10, I managed to get lettuce, tomatoes, mint, basil and rhubarb! After a quick trip to the grocery store, I started preparing for a BBQ at the Hyders. I made steak shish kabobs, garden salad and watermelon mint coolers (recipe from Real Simple). I would recommend using half the amount of watermelon from the recipe and adding tonic/seltzer water in place of it. It was a delicious summer treat.
The weather cleared up in time for the BBQ, so we enjoyed a very fun and relaxing evening outside. Both the Hyders and Holgrimsons are expecting in the next month, so the women lounged on the deck while the guys played ladder golf. I can't wait to hold their babies!
This is why I love summer... good weather, food and company. We're looking forward to a short week of work and 4th of July festivities.
For those of you who haven't seen the finished product, here's a few photos from last summer-
Before:

After:

Notice the season change between the photos? Steve originally thought it would only take three weeks to build. Four months later, we had a beautiful fence and can finally relax in our backyard. :)
My Saturday started a bit slower... I ventured to the Saint Paul Farmer's Market around 11am. For only $10, I managed to get lettuce, tomatoes, mint, basil and rhubarb! After a quick trip to the grocery store, I started preparing for a BBQ at the Hyders. I made steak shish kabobs, garden salad and watermelon mint coolers (recipe from Real Simple). I would recommend using half the amount of watermelon from the recipe and adding tonic/seltzer water in place of it. It was a delicious summer treat.
The weather cleared up in time for the BBQ, so we enjoyed a very fun and relaxing evening outside. Both the Hyders and Holgrimsons are expecting in the next month, so the women lounged on the deck while the guys played ladder golf. I can't wait to hold their babies! This is why I love summer... good weather, food and company. We're looking forward to a short week of work and 4th of July festivities.

2 comments:
I LOVE that you started a blog! I am going to add you to my list of people on my blog that i read...I am SO excited to read about your life....I am a bit addicted, can you tell?
Hi there! I am not on facebook anymore. Email me when you get a chance so we can get together soon! alipeterson@gmail.com
Post a Comment