Much to my chagrin, it's been almost a month since I updated the blog. September was a crazy month for us and while we enjoyed every minute of it, I am hoping life will slow down a bit now. Here a few tid bits of what we've been up to...
Cats: Our fostering adventure has finally come to an end. Dopey & Doc found a wonderful (& permanent) home; Mama Cat (Snow White) is currently in a foster home through the Animal Ark; and believe it or not Steve and I are keeping Happy & Grumpy (new names yet TBD). It's no surprise, that these kittens have wiggled their way into our hearts over the past couple months. After a tearful goodbye to the other three, Steve and I couldn't imagine picking between the remaining two. So we decided to keep both!
Home Improvements: We have been wanting to re-carpet the basement since we bought the house, but kept putting it off since we weren't using the space. The combination of cats, company coming in town and an amazing deal at Carpet King sealed the deal. We also bought a new sectional couch that should come in about a month. Now if we can just find a sweet deal on a TV, we'll be able to cozy up downstairs to watch TV & movies. I can't wait! I'll post some pictures with the finish product when our couch arrives.
Anniversary: Last Thursday (Sept. 24th) was our 4th anniversary! Hard to believe it's already been that long. We're heading to a bed and breakfast in Wisconsin next weekend to celebrate. More to come on that...
Bethel Reunion & Homecoming: Last, but not least Steve and I had our five-year college reunion last weekend. I have been planning and preparing for this event with the reunion committee since January. Thankfully our hard work paid off- we set a new all-time reunion for the largest attendance at a Bethel reunion! Two of our classmates Dave and Dan put on a tremendous program and it was so fun to see everyone. My only regret was not being able to catch up with more people. I was so focused on making sure all the logistics fell into place and before I knew it the evening was over. Thanfully the reunion was just the beginning of a fun weekend...we had a handful of people staying at our place (Amy & Brian, Mere, Yoder & Katie). Saturday morning after breakfast, we headed to the farmer's market to grab some goodies including honeycrisp apples. Then off to the Homecoming Football game- Bethel defeated Concordia Moorhead 29-10! Amy & Brian had a special request to experience the famous Juicy Lucy (cheese burger) while they were town so we headed to 5/8 Club for dinner. They were divine! Then Steve persuaded me to have a 'few' people over for a bonfire... I think we had almost 25 people! Thankfully it was a beautiful night so we didn't have to squeeze inside.
I'll stop there since this is quickly becoming a novel! Until next time ... thanks for reading.
1 month ago

No comments:
Post a Comment