Friday, May 28

Let the Countdown Begin

Exactly one month from today we'll be moving into our new house.  We are so excited!  I think we've driven past the house at least once a week since we bought it.  I'm sure the current owners recognize our car by now!  In the meanwhile, we have been dreaming about the house with wish lists, to-do spreadsheets and magazine clippings for inspiration.  It's helped suppress our impatience so far.  :) 

As far as our current house goes, we have collected a whole room full of boxes.  I can't imagine we'll need many more, but everyone says they severely underestimated how much stuff they had when moving.  Our new house doesn't have as much storage, so we plan to literally 'clean house' and get rid of as much stuff as possible.  I am still amazed how much stuff we have accumulated in just five years! 

In the packing department, procrastination has hindered any real progress.  I attempted to pack during the Biggest Loser finale this week... which probably wasn't the best idea.  As soon as a good part came on (which was essentially the whole thing) I would pause to watch.  So after a couple hours of "packing," I had only gotten through our Christmas and seasonal decorations. (sigh)  I also worry about packing in such a way to ease our move in process.  A few people suggested that we pack according to rooms in the new house which was a great tip.  Any other packing suggestions out there?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Good luck with the move! Your new house is gorgeous! So jealous of all the lovely details!

Definitely pack according to room but according to the rooms in your new house. So if you know where you want something to go in your new house pack it in a box for that room! If you don't know and it's not important to unpack right away, just put it in a spare room to be sorted later! And label everything!