Tuesday, December 14

Darr Thanksgiving

We spent a nice long Thanksgiving weekend in Virginia with Steve's family.  His sister Rachel & Geoff generously hosted all of 12 of us for the weekend!  It had been five years since all of us have been together, a lot of which has to do with the fact that we are scattered all over the US... Nashville, Southern VA, Lake Tahoe, Minnesota & DC.  We had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again soon! 

The first day we went exploring in the backyard with the kids.  Rachel & Geoff have a beautiful three-acre lot with woods, trails and a creek running through it.  Gavin proudly standing in freezing cold water...
Portia & Autumn throwing sticks & rocks in the creek
Manassas Battlefield Park - the cold & windy this day, so I didn't take too many pictures.
 Steve & Stonewall Jackson
We ate like kings & queens all weekend long... honey baked ham, turkey dinner, NY style pizza, Mediterranean food.  Mmmmm!  So much for the holiday portion control that I vowed to watch...

Carving the turkey - nice apron honey  ;)
Jeff doing some quality control... or just teasing his little brother.
On Black Friday, while the rest of the world was shopping... we toured the city.
 Steve & I with the Washington Monument behind us.
 The Darr siblings minus Rachel & Geoff.
On Saturday, we ventured to see the Great Falls National Park with the whole family.

 

1 comment:

Ana Heeren said...

Sounds like you had so much fun Sarah! I love your new Christmas background!!