Tuesday, December 7

Giving Thanks

Each year we have traditions to give thanks for our families, but we rarely do something to demonstrate our gratitude for friendships.  So Steve and I decided to host a Thanksgiving potluck with some friends to celebrate.
Everyone signed up to bring a dish or two and we took care of the turkey and remaining dishes.  It was the first time we attempted a turkey, much less a 17 LB bird!  We have a massive industrial stove which most days is thorn in my side, but redeemed itself for this particular occasion. 

Six hours later we had a golden & juicy turkey!
With 14 confirmed guests I wasn't sure how we were going to fit everyone, but I was determined to find a way.  Thankfully, my parents had an old oak table in their garage and eight folding chairs that we could use.  We rearranged our entire main floor into a dining room for the evening.

The party went off without a hitch.  Everyone brought wonderful dishes and had a great time!  The highlight o the evening was the post-dinner game.  I asked Dave if he would plan something for the group (he's proven to be the game master at other parties), and he far exceeded all of our expectations with...
FAMILY FEUD!  The guys battled the girls and in the end (not to our surprise :)) the ladies won by a landslide.  I wish I took a close up of the game board - it was amazing!

1 comment:

Ana Heeren said...

we had SO much fun at the dinner! Thanks again for hosting!