Friday, June 3

Darby

We've had some distractions in the Darr house which have kept me from blogging the last couple months....

Baby Darr, or as we affectionately nicknamed "Darby," is due to arrive on 9/10/11.  I know it's not very common to deliver on your actual due date, but I'm crossing my fingers that he/she can have this memorable birthday.  (And in case you were wondering Darby is only temporary...so that we don't have to keep saying 'baby' or 'it.' It was a good gender neutral option that Steve made up from DARr baBY) 

We found out I was pregnant while we were in Thailand, which was the perfect setting and made our trip all the more memorable.  Thankfully it was smooth sailing until we got home, then the so called morning sickness (which was more like all day & night) set in.  The next couple months were really rough.  I won't go into great detail, but lets just say I am extremely grateful for anti-nausea medicine!  Eventually the first trimester had passed and my energy started to come closer to normal.

Our five month ultrasound was so incredible , Steve and I couldn't take our eyes off of this little one forming in my womb.  We opted not to find out the gender, which took a lot of self-control on my part.  So until we meet Darby our planning and preparation will remain gender-neutral.   
Last but not least, here are the much requested photos of my burgeoning belly.  :) 

16 weeks
20 weeks/Mother's Day!


22 weeks
 26 weeks

We feel incredibly blessed for this little miracle and all that he/she will bring to our life.

6 comments:

Bird said...

Congratulations!!! I had no idea you were expecting. :)

Praying for a good delivery and healthy remainder of pregnancy!

E Manders said...

You look beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. And that would be a really fun date to have as a birthday - I totally agree.

Ana Heeren said...

Yay! Love that you posted about it! You look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G by the way! WOW! I think i still look more preggers then you and Aria is almost 8 months! I miss you and can't wait to see you! Aria was "scheduled" to be born 10-10-10 and instead was born 10-7-10...i hope you have your wish because i agree, that would be an awesome bday!

Ali said...

So Exciting!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Brandt and Steph said...

Yeah! You look beautiful! Congrats!! Thanks for the pics :)
-Steph

Hardie Family said...

Love the pictures! You look great and so excited to meet this little one :)