Monday, July 13

Independence Day

I realized it's a couple weeks late, but we had a exciting 4th of July weekend. We kicked it off with a Saints game and bonfire with some friends.

Case (Matt & Hannah's son) was by far the main attraction! Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I'm not even sure who won the game.

Friday night we went to the Richfield Street Dance. Three of my close high school friends live out of state/country so I wanted to take advantage of seeing two of them. Doty (or Alyson) has been teaching in Dubai for the past couple years and is now headed to China. Jill moved down to Chicago last fall for her husband's job. It was so fun to hang out with them until the wee hours of the night. I haven't stayed up that late in a long time!

Saturday morning we headed up to the cabin. We went for a two hour canoe ride down the Namekagon River. It was beautiful and relaxing until Steve saw some rapids coming down stream and decided to jump out of the canoe. The rapids were a lot stronger than he expected so while I was trying to navigate the canoe by myself, Steve was getting tossed around on the rocks. We had a few minutes of chaos, but thankfully he didn't get injured. The real surprise came when Steve broke the news to me... somewhere in the rapids he lost his wedding ring! Aside from that, we had a very enjoyable weekend at the cabin. :)


I hope you had a wonderful Independence Day reflecting on the freedom we have. I am so thankful for all the soldiers who have fought to defend our country's freedom. I am even more grateful for the freedom I have through Christ. To Him be the glory.

No comments: