Thursday, July 23

Smitten with kittens


Say hello to our new (temporary) family members....

Earlier this week, a friend of ours found a cat and four tiny kittens in her window well. Lindsey is allergic to the cats so it wasn't an option to take them in. As soon as I heard that, my wheels started turning. I grew up with a cat and have been wanting one of my own for a couple years now. I realize that cats have a bad rap, but there are so many reasons why they're a great household pet. Cats are independent, but love affection, clean themselves, are great hunters (goodbye mice & spiders)... What more could you ask for in a pet?! This may or may not be the same points I used to convince Steve to foster the mom and kittens. Thanks, love. ;) We are providing a home for them until they're old enough to adopt! We plan to keep one of the kittens, but if you know of anyone who wants a kitten or the mom let us know. I'm sure there will be many postings to come about our adventures and observations. I will do my best not to become a crazy cat lady! Stay tuned... oh and I'm trying to come up with a clever name for them. It's three boys and one girl. Any ideas??

1 comment:

Ali said...

Oh My Goodness! They are so cute! :) I would take one in a second if Luke wasn't allergic.