Shortly after Steve started working for Lawson Software, he was informed that he would need to study for a new designation. You can imagine how discouraging this was for Steve since he had just spent the past couple years earning his C.P.A. (Certified Public Accountant) amidst his 70+ hour work weeks. He thought this new job was not only the end of long hours and travel, but also studying too. His manager asked him to earn his C.I.A. (Certified Internal Auditor).
One of the things I admire most about Steve is his amazing work ethic and determination. When he sets his mind to something (or in this case was asked to) he gives 100%. He got the materials and started studying right away. He passed two of three exams by last spring, but with summer around the corner he decided to put the 3rd exam on hold. I was so thankful especially since summer time is so short as it is!
Summer came and went, and autumn turned out to be even more busy. Then we decided to put our house on the market... the holidays... broomball started... you get the drift. We were enjoying the busyness of life which didn't leave any room for studying. Finally Steve decided it was high time to get this exam out of the way once and for all. His hard work paid off and he passed the third exam!
Let's give a round of applause for Steven G. Darr, CPA, CIA! I'm so proud. :)
2 days ago

5 comments:
Yea Steve! Congrats! I bet you are glad it is all over! Let's get together soon!
Way to go Steve! And way to go Sarah for being a solid support through it all :)
Way to go Steve! How nice to have that out of the way.
Thanks everyone for the kind words!
Nice work Steve!!!
Post a Comment