Friday, July 30

BBQ Chicken Salad

It's been a long time since I had a food posting.  We have been eating out A LOT this summer... I'd like to blame it solely on the move, but really it's also just plain laziness.  Our kitchen was actually one of the first things we unpacked... and by 'we' I really mean my Mom.  On our moving day she committed herself to helping me unpacked and organize our kitchen.  At the time I didn't realize how smart that was... now I am eternally grateful.  She it super organized and practical in how she arranges things and in my opinion the kitchen was the most time consuming area to pack/unpack.
So other than fajitas and pizza, this is one of the first real meals we've made!  It's one of my favorite summertime meals -BBQ chicken salad.  And I love that it's mostly a pile of fresh ingredients instead of detailed recipe.  I believe this recipe originated from California Pizza Kitchen, but there are many variations out there and I'm not sure how close this compares.  And I think you'll agree this salad is really more of a entree than a side dish. 
- shredded chicken , I poach our chicken, but you could grill or pan fry it too
- bbq sauce, after you cook the chicken saute with bbq sauce and set aside to cool
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- black beans, rinsed & drained
- corn, fresh or frozen
- fresh tomatoes
- scalllions/green onions
- red bell pepper, thin strips
- jicama, thin strips
- fresh basil, thinly sliced
- cilantro, chopped
- mozarella or monterey jack cheese
- ranch dressing
- lime wedges
- tortilla chips crumbled on top for garnish

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ana Heeren said...

Ummmmm YUMMMMMM!! I want to eat it!